Sunday, October 14, 2007

Games I'm most hoping to play at Essen

Alright.... this is probably the last of the boring planning posts. Here are some of the games I'm most hoping to play or at least see at Essen:

  • Starcraft
  • Dust
  • WoW: Burning Crusade
  • Galaxy Trucker
  • Race for the Galaxy
  • 1960
  • Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage (new edition)
  • War of the Ring: Collector's Edition prototype
  • Cuba
  • Brass
  • Antler Island
  • TTR: Switzerland
Now my key task while on the airplane is to plot out an optimal path between the various booths so as to gain as many holy grail Con exclusives as quickly as possible so I can then just kick back and play games!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Time is always of the Essence. I would skip games that will be out shortly in the US. I will be defeating all comers at Race for the Galaxy soon enough ...

Complex wargames (like Hannibal RvC) are tougher, because it's always nice to get in a turn with a knowledgeable opponent. I'd probably skip 1960 (since it shouldn't be that hard), although say Hi to Zev.

But by all means look at Brass. As an economic game, I would have preordered it 2 months ago, if I had known about it (and been going to Essen). You and I, the 18xx players, would probably like it.

And, like I said, check it Arigocola (or whatever).

Galaxy Trucker sounds like a version of SPIVS with fun added. By god, I have to get a copy of that to inflict on people.

I hereby pledge that if you take a flyer on a game and don't like it, the rest of us will certainly be happy to try it and hopefully one of us will take it off your hands for cost.